While dogs are cute and fun, they may not always be so. Sometimes, stray dogs may not be the best animals to encounter while merrily walking down the street. They can be intimidating and scary. In these cases, an ultrasonic dog repeller is a handy tool.
If you don’t like dogs, then buying an ultrasonic dog repeller can turn out to be a wise decision. Before you go ahead, you need to know why you will be in love with a dog repeller. In this guide, we are going to tell the reasons to buy a dog repeller.
Benefits of an Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- Protects you from stray dogs: You can find stray dogs almost anywhere whether you’re strolling in the park or jogging around the city. If they scare you a bit too much, it may even lead you to avoid outdoor plans. While jogging, dogs are generally tempted to follow your tracks which can be scary at times. However, the dog repellent sound can easily resolve the issue within seconds and protect you from the stray dogs.
- Harmless: While the sound produced by a dog repellent chases dogs away, it doesn’t harm them. The best ultrasonic dog repeller would be harmless to animals as well as humans. Its sound (up to 125 decibels) is enough to annoy dogs, but it does not cause any permanent hearing damage. You may hear a light sound while using it, but you can rest assured as there are no adverse effects.
- Use as a training tool: It is not only a useful tool for keeping dogs away, but it can be useful for dog owners as well. For example, you can use the device as a dog barking deterrent to keep your dog quiet when required. Moreover, you can use it to establish routines and good behaviour and habits in your dogs. It can be a great tool to discipline your dog over time. But, you shouldn’t rely completely on it to train your dog.
- Convenient: Dog repellers are easy to handle. Self-defence devices are generally heavy in weight. But, if you go for the best ultrasonic dog repeller, it would be super lightweight. So, you can carry it in your purse, while jogging or walking around town. It makes it a tool that is functional as well as portable.
- Easy to use: While the working of the device may seem complex, they are relatively very easy to use. They do not require rocket science knowledge from your part. All you need to do it press a button, and it’s done! In an unfortunate event of facing a wild dog, you don’t have much time to think. Hence, dog repellers will be handy in those moments.
- Keeping other animals away: Even though its name is dog repeller, you can use it over other animals as well. Similar to dogs, cats are friendly creatures but can be dangerous at occasions. The device can be used as an ultrasonic cat repellent as well. Though it may not be as effective as for dogs, you may be required to lean it closer to the animal to make it work.
While these are the advantages of using dog repellers, you can safely walk around town without any fear of stray dogs. They can even be used by dog owners, for the reasons mentioned above. Hence, you should look out for the best ultrasonic dog repeller in your nearest stores. Choosing a dog repeller can be somehow difficult, as there are different types of dog repellers available in the market. Before you step out, you need to know how to buy a dog repeller. In this guide, we are going to tell some things to consider when buying the best ultrasonic dog repeller.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
Generally, a dog barking deterrent may not look attractive. But, you should choose one that fits your home decor. They shouldn’t look odd while kept around in the house. If you wish to use it outdoors, there are many repellers that come with beautiful designs. It will help you to silence your neighbour’s dog without any threat.
The best ultrasonic dog repeller would have different features. Before you go ahead, you need to decide the features you want in your dog repeller. It will help you to buy the one that suits your requirements.
For example: You can use some repellers only indoors or outdoors, while some are usable in both places. Many dog repellers, nowadays, come with handles that you can use to hang the device on walls or put on counters.
So, you should look out for features that you need the most.
Indoor or outdoor
You need to know where you’d use the device before you buy one because the devices come with sound ranges. The outdoor devices generally have a range of 50 to 150 feet. But, the indoor devices have a range of 12 to 25 feet. Hence, if you feel that you’d be able to use an indoor device while walking around town, you might be mistaken! The device would not be as effective under conditions other than those prescribed for it. You should carefully consider these factors before buying one for yourself.
Sound and sensory levels
Most devices come with 3-sounds and 3-sensory levels. The sensory level determines the range of the device. And, the sound level determines the intensity of the sound. So, if your dog isn’t responding well to low dog repellent sound levels, you will have to increase it to make it work. Also, you might want to increase the range of the device if you are outdoors or your house is big. Hence, you should check its sound range as well as its sensory level so that its sound can reach the dogs effectively.
Response from your dog
If you use it for training your dog, you should carefully observe the reaction of your dog. There are situations when dogs get upset when the device is used at a certain frequency. Hence, you should consult with the seller, or check a few models before you settle for one. Your dog should not dread the usage of the repeller.
Usually, an ultrasonic dog repeller comes with batteries and level indicators that flashes green and red signal according to the battery life. A dog repeller can work for about 3 to 6 months, depending on how often you use it. Before you go ahead, make sure you check the range of batteries. It is advisable to switch the device off when you are not using it.
While these are the things you should consider, there are other factors as well including your budget, features like water repellent devices, ranges and much more. We would recommend not to use the device in rains. It is because of the complaints received from customers of the device malfunctioning. Even water repellent devices may get damaged in rains. Hence, you should try not to use them in those conditions.
We hope that this guide will help you to choose the best ultrasonic dog repeller. But, if you are not still able to buy the one that meets your requirements, then you can check out the following dog repellents. In this guide, we are going to review the top 10 ultrasonic dog repellents.
Top 10 Best Ultrasonic Dog Repellents Reviews
|PRODUCTS||MODEL||OUR SCORE||CHECK PRICE|
|Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent||9.9|
|Eliminator Ultrasonic Dog Repellent||9.8|
|Frienda LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller||9.5|
|Instecho Handheld, Ultrasonic Infrared Dog Deterrent||9.2|
|ADDTOP Ultrasonic Dog Repeller, Motion Sensor Animal Pest Dogs Repellent||8.8|
|ZOVENCHI Ultrasonic Animal Repeller||8.6|
|Wikoo Ultrasonic Solar Animal & Pest Repeller||8.5|
|Wewalab Electronic Dog Repeller||8.3|
|Vantax Handheld Dog Repellent Trainer||8.2|
|BossBee Ultrasonic barking control||8.0|
Below are the detailed reviews
1 Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent
This dog deterrent uses the latest ultrasonic technology. It is completely harmless to pets and you can use it without hesitation. It is useful for police, home inspectors and rescue teams as well. It has a range of up to twenty feet. Its range makes very convenient to use as you don’t have to be very near the dogs. Particularly with cats, it has a range as big as forty feet. It is a handheld device which is convenient to carry and operate. The frame is of lightweight high impact plastic. You can take it with you when you are jogging, walking, even biking. It works on a 9 V battery which comes in the package. One distinct feature of this dog deterrent is that it has a power indicator. It signals you whenever the battery level is low so you can timely change the battery.
- Colour: Grey
- Size: 4.5 x 2.2 x 1.2 inches
- Range: 20 ft
- It is lightweight which makes it convenient to carry
- Can use on dogs as well as cats
- Low battery indicator
- May not work on all types of dogs
- LED light may be dysfunctional
2 Eliminator Ultrasonic Dog Repellent
It is one of the best ultrasonic dog repellers that emit a high pitched ultrasonic sound that irritates the dogs. But, it is completely inaudible to humans. It has a huge range of up to 50 feet. So, you can walk around in parks and city while feeling safe from wild stray dogs. You can also use it to train your dog. It helps in stopping unwanted behaviour like barking, digging and chewing on furniture. You can use it without worries as it is harmless yet effective on dogs. It also has an added feature: a bright LED light. With this device, you don’t need to take a flashlight with yourself while walking your dog. It should fit comfortably in your pocket as its dimensions are only 4 x 2.5 inches. It works on a 9 V battery. But, unlike many other dog repellents, the battery is not included in the package. Hence, you would have to buy batteries yourself.
- Colour: Shiny black
- Size: 4 x 2.5 inches
- Range: 50 ft
- Bright white LED light
- Huge range of 50 feet
- Small size which can fit in pockets
- Battery not included in the package
- Though the range is huge, it may not work on dogs far away
3 Frienda LED Ultrasonic Dog Repeller, 3 in 1 Anti Barking Stop Bark Handheld Dog Training Device
This dog repeller is amazing equipment for dog owners! You can use it as a tool to discipline your dog. It stops unwanted behaviour like barking, chewing and digging. It is very easy to operate. All you need to do it insert a battery, and you are good to go. It sound wouldn’t disturb you as only dogs can hear it. Moreover, it also has a flashlight which can serve a good purpose in many situations. Its size makes it portable and convenient to use. You can carry it while jogging, cycling, and travelling comfortably. While it is a great tool to train your dog, you can use it to save yourself from dog attacks as well. Though it is very easy to use, it does come with a user manual. It comes in an attractive orange colour.
- Colour: Orange
- Size: 12.5 x 4.5 x 2 cm (l*w*h)
- Frequency: 25 KHz
- Others: comes with a user manual
- Easy to operate
- Small size: can carry with yourself to various places
- Comes with a user manual
- Has an LED flashlight
- Dogs may get upset due to the constant use of the flashlight
- May not work on giant dogs
4 Instecho Handheld, Ultrasonic Infrared Dog Deterrent
This device is particularly useful in keeping unfriendly dogs away. But, you can use it to train your dog as well. It can stop clawing, scratching, and biting. It works on a 9 V carbon battery. It works on most dogs and is safe to use. It emits waves of frequency between 35 to 45 KHz. The sound it produces isn’t audible to humans. But, dogs and cats can clearly hear it. So, it is a great tool to use as it does not cause any inconvenience. It comes with instructions which guide you through the process of using the device. It is of ABS material and has a simple black colour. Its small size makes it convenient to use. It also has an LED flashlight which is often useful. However, the flashlight may upset dogs if used frequently.
- Colour: Black
- Size: 3 x 1.5 x 0.8 inch (l*w*h)
- Frequency: 35-45 KHz
- Keeps unfriendly dogs away
- Can be used on dogs as well as cats
- Small and portable
- The buttons may get stuck inside the frame at times
- The frame is weak. It may break down easily.
5 ADDTOP Ultrasonic Dog Repeller with Motion Sensor
Get back your peaceful sleep at night with the ultrasonic barking deterrent. It gives you ultimate peace of mind by stopping your dog from barking annoyingly. Not only its ultrasonic frequency effectively repels other animals and pests and keeps your house protected, but also help you to train your dog. Moreover, its ultrasonic frequency has no harm to animals and human. This equipment works based on different technologies like motion sensor and thermal infrared sensitivity having a range of about 45 feet. It has four types of sonic alarm. You can place it in anywhere in the open air outside the house or while camping. The device works on both electricity and batteries.
- Effective ultrasonic range: 170 Degrees horizontally and 60 Degrees vertically
- Ultrasonic frequency: 16KHz – 25KHz
- Sonic volume: Up to 91 meters
- Dimension: 6.6 x 5.4 x 3.4 inches
- Weight: 1.4 pounds
- It features adjustable ultrasonic frequency and sonic volume
- This animal repellent uses silent low-intensity ultrasonic technology which is safe for both human and animals and the overall environment
- It is waterproof
- Durable and easy to install
- Includes a remote for easy operation
- It comes with a 12 months warranty.
- The size is too big to handle.
6 ZOVENCHI Ultrasonic, Solar Powered Animal Repeller
Save yourself from the attack of foxes, skunks, rod, etc. by installing this animal repellant in your outdoor garden. Its scares away unwanted animals emitting ultrasonic sounds. It doesn’t have any harm to the animals and humans. Whenever an animal enters the protected area the infrared motion sensor gets activated and emits ultrasonic waves and flashes a red light to repel them. Being powered by solar panels it is not only eco-friendly but cost-effective as well. So, even though it is placed outdoors, you need not to worry about the power outlet. Install it conveniently in your home, courtyard garden and anywhere else.
- Dimension: 5.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 inches
- Weight: 7.5 oz
- Power supply: 3 AA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries
- Power Consumption: At standby mode its 10 mAh and while its working 15 mAh
- Ultrasonic Frequency: 25-61KHZ
- The area covered: 30 feet to 2425 square feet
- The device is compact in size and very handy
- Uses eco-friendly solar power
- Its unsealed design makes it windproof, water resistant, sun protective and rustproof thus enabling it to work effectively under any weather condition
- Easy to use, just insert it in the ground where there is sufficient sunlight and turn it on
- The device is activated by a motion sensor, if the animal doesn’t make any move, the device won’t get activated.
7 Wikoo Ultrasonic Solar Animal & Pest Repeller
Animal intervention in your farms or in the backyard of your house feels annoying. Animals sometimes also damage crops and the beauty of your backyard. This Wikoo ultrasonic solar animal and pest repeller, keep the animals away with the help of LED lights and sonic sound. It is animal-friendly because it does not hurt animals with any traps, pesticides, and chemical. It is eco-friendly as well as it uses solar power to recharge itself. It works on a different frequency level for the different animals, but it’s most effective on cats, deer, dogs, pigeons, seagulls, woodpeckers, racoons, skunks and rabbits. It detects intruder with the motion sensor. The best part is it works well in every season whether its snow, ice, rain or wind.
- Weight: 13.6 Ounces
- Product Dimension: 3.7 x 2 x 5.1 inches
- Only three AA batteries used
- LED lights used
- Weatherproof and can be used easily in summer, winters, and monsoon
- Multiple frequency levels for sonic rays
- Runs on solar power
- Excessive voice, audible if you install it near your house
- No instant effect, it will take 15 days to work effectively
- Need to recheck its charging level
8 Wewalab Electronic Dog Repeller
Now your dog doesn’t embarrass you anymore by randomly digging, jumping on guests, barking on Pizza delivery boys or chewing your Sofa’s with the help of this Wewalab Electronic Dog Repeller. It helps you to train your dog for reducing their unwanted behaviour or disobeying. This device is dog-friendly, so the sound released is harmless to the dogs. This is basically a dog driving device and a super weapon when you are on a walk with your dog. Its blinking lights keep your dog focused on the device, but avoid using it for a longer period of time. The best part is it works well on giant dogs well. When you put on the “train”, it starts sending ultrasonic waves to the dogs to control them.
- Size: 14 x 6 x 3 cm (LWH)
- Colour: Black
- Frequency: 25 KHz
- Sound Pressure: 130db
- Max Current float: 135 MA
- Powered by 9V batteries
- You can use it from a distance of 20 feet.
- Easy to setup
- Works on the dog only
- Sometimes create anxiety and depression in the dog
9 Vantax Handheld Dog Repellent Trainer
You can use this dog repellent device on dogs as well as cats. It emits an ultrasonic sound with a frequency of 35 to 45 KHz which is inaudible to humans. But, dogs can hear it and they generally find it irritating. So, you can use this device to discipline your dog. It is helpful in stopping bad behaviours like excessive barking, clawing and biting. It is an excellent aid to discourage stray or unleashed dogs from approaching you as well. It can fit into your pockets as it is small with dimensions 4.3 x 1.5 x 0.8 inch. It works on a 9 V battery. You will have to buy batteries by yourself as they are not included in the package. The package does contain a user guide which instructs you in using the device. The LED flashlight in the device also works as a battery indicator.
- Colour: Black
- Size: 3 x 1.5 x 0.8 inch
- Frequency: 35-45 KHz
- Small in size which fits in pockets
- A range of 50 feet
- Has an LED flashlight which also works as a battery indicator
- Cheap quality of the flashlight
- The flashlight may upset dogs
10 BossBee Ultrasonic barking control
This is a small handheld device that can help you control your dog’s bad behaviour. You simply need to push a button to emit an ultrasonic sound which only dogs can hear. The sound is usually irritating to dogs, hence can stop them from doing unwanted things. Even though the sound is irksome to dogs, it is completely harmless to them. It has a range of up to 5 meters or 16.4 feet. You can carry it in your pockets as it is lightweight and small. It also has an LED light which can help you on evening walks with your dog. It operates on a 4 AAA battery. But, the battery is not included in the package. It is of ABS material and comes in a grey colour. The package includes the device, a user manual and an anti-static wrist strap.
- Colour: Grey
- Size: 7 x 1.6 x 1.2 inches
- Frequency: 25 KHz
- Range: 16.4 ft
- Lightweight and small in size
- Anti-static wrist strap included in the package
- Comfortable to carry
- The range is smaller than that of other repellents
- Battery not included in the package
What’re the Best Ways to Use an Ultrasonic Dog Repeller?
While these were some of the best ultrasonic dog repellers you can buy, they all are reviewed on the basis of customer reviews and personal views. If you are looking forward to buying an ultrasonic dog repeller, you will always wish that it last for a long time. However, every machine requires care and maintenance. If you wish that a dog repeller lasts for a long time, then you need to know how to use a dog repeller. Without wasting much time, let’s have a look at the tips to use a dog repeller.
1. Read the manual:
Before you use a dog repellent, it is good to read its manual carefully to understand its working conditions. A dog repellent may or may not be made up of waterproof material. Reading the manual will let you know about its specifications and conditions under which you can operate it.
2. Don’t charge it for the extended time period:
Though the best ultrasonic dog repellents come with power auto-cut feature, it is good to take care of its charging time. Not only it will enhance the battery lifespan, but also save your electricity and money.
3. Clean it periodically:
Every machine requires cleaning after a certain time period. Similarly, a dog repellent must be clean periodically. Don’t use harsh chemicals to clean it as it can harm its material and reduce its lifespan. Turn it off when not in use.
4. Remember its frequency range:
Indoor and outdoor dog repellents come with a different frequency range. It is good to remember its frequency range in order to reap its complete benefits. For instance, outdoor dog repellents should be used for outdoor purposes as its ultrasonic sound rays have a high frequency. And if they are used for indoor pets, it can harm them.
There are other things you can remember while using a dog repellent. Not only these tips will help you to get the complete benefits of your dog repellents, but also enhance their lifespan. If you are looking forward to buying the best ultrasonic dog repellent, make sure you remember the tips to buy. Don’t forget to check out the top 10 dog repellent. For more information, explore the internet. If you like this buying guide, don’t forget to share your comments. All the best!