Maintaining a clean house has never been an easy task, especially when you are a pet owner. Pets do bring you happiness and companionship but they inevitably come with dirt, hair, dander, and wrecks. To quickly clean all these messes, the best solution lies in a good upright vacuum. However, not all Upright Vacuums for Pet Hair accomplish the task of picking the pet hair. The filters may be clogged as the hair gets stuck in the brushes. Not to mention if there are any problems with the suction chamber, that bad upright vacuum may spread the allergens, dirt, dust into the air you breathe.
So the best upright vacuum for pet hair has to successfully deal with the pet hair by sucking them entirely even the biggest furballs. Durability is equally important to versatility as pet hair can be anywhere in your house. Also, the vacuum should be convenient to use since pet owners tend to clean more frequently than most folks. Then you must have questions over the method to choose the best vacuum for pet hair or which the best vacuum for picking up pet hair is. Do not panic! This article will help you find out the best one out of various models on the market.
Why Should You Choose An Upright Vacuum Cleaner?
Upright vacuum cleaners are traditionally designed as one unit of a motor and a suction head. If there are carpets or rugs, especially thick ones in your house, it is advisable to buy an upright vacuum cleaner. Extracting the dust from thick carpets is better done by the rotating brushes of the upright cleaners than classic floor tools.
Advantages of upright vacuum cleaner:
- Upright vacuum cleaners are competitively cheaper than canister vacuum cleaners.
- With motorized brushes, upright vacuum cleaners are really efficient in removing pet hair or dirt from thick carpets and rugs.
- They have a wider cleaning path so you can save time when doing the clean, especially if you have a large, multi-story house.
- They make it easy to clean the transition between bare floors and carpets.
- Storage is not so complicated as this kind of vacuum usually doesn’t attach with any accessories so there is no need for dismounting and they can be operated immediately without any preparation.
- Upright vacuum cleaners are convenient to use and extremely suitable for people with back pain because users don’t have to bend their back unless they use a hose attachment
Things to know before buying an Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair
You may get confused when it is time to choose an upright vacuum for pet hair as there are so many models on the market. There are both corded and cordless vacuum cleaners to choose from. However, we’re are here to help you with some guidelines for purchasing the best upright vacuum for pet hair. They are worth considering so take a look and try to follow.
Pet hair is the enemy of all cleaning tools. Larger pieces of debris like cereal and pet hair pose a huge challenge for many upright vacuum cleaners to suction them up. To pick up fallen pet hair off floors and carpets, a powerful vacuum that delivers at least 150 CFM of airflow is required. With high-pile carpets, a higher CFM rating would be better and recommended.
Size and weight
Bulky and heavy as upright vacuums are, some people think this means power and capability while others dislike lugging around a massive machine to do the cleaning. Honestly, the majority of upright vacuums are not as heavy as they used to be. Although the design isn’t on a par with stick vacuums with regard to weight and size, they have their own strength in suction power and cleaning path width. Thus, before buying an upright vacuum, please consider the importance of size and weight to you.
Being designed to be pulled and pushed around, not lifted, upright vacuums can be heavy and unsuitable for carrying around even though the wheels and swivel head enable easy maneuvering. Some people may not see the sturdy design a problem, but for others, it can be an important factor. If you have carpeted stairs, is it necessary to pick up the vacuum as you go? Can you vacuum the above-floor surfaces with ease? or is there a feature that enables the use of a specialized tool attached to a hose so you don’t have to lift the machine?
The comparison table below shows you the weight of our top 6 upright vacuums for pet hair. This should be useful for you to find the right vacuum for your needs.
True HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter is widely acknowledged as the best filter type, being used in most vacuums. This filter is capable of removing 99.98% of all microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns in size, which is the tiniest particle’s size to get into your lungs.
The True HEPA filter can become clogged at the end of the day. Therefore, you must unclog or wash them if your vacuum has washable filters. If your vacuum comes with disposable filters, you have to replace one after another.
Bag or Bagless
Upright vacuum cleaners are classified into 2 types: the first type has bags and the second type has removable storage canisters. Both of these styles have their own pros and cons.
With the first type, when bags reach capacity, they are removed and disposed of without having to expose the contents. This way reduces the possibility of leaking tiny dust particles in the bags into your house’s atmosphere. However, you need to purchase replacement bags periodically. The number of bags you use depends on how littered your floors are and how often you vacuum.
On the other hand, bagless vacuums save the cost of purchasing replacement bags for users. Trash is trapped in plastic, see-through canisters that you need to empty when they are full. The only disadvantage is that they’re rather limited in how much dust they can hold. Many of these canisters have a capacity of fewer than 0.5 liters.
After weighing up the advantages and disadvantages of each type, the better choice for cleaning up pet hair would be bagless upright vacuums, simply because pet hair, when trapped in dust canisters, will not float away.
From our viewpoint, with an upright vacuum for pet hair, removing and emptying the canister is preferable to continuously purchasing new bags.
For general-purpose vacuuming, there is little need for attachments. Nevertheless, they play an important role in suctioning pet hair. There is a vast array of attachments to meet the unique cleaning needs of pet owners.
The attachments may be hinged tools that bend at an angle to assist in cleaning hair that floats to above-floor surfaces like ceiling fans. With hair that lands on upholstery, other tools such as accessories with a motorized brush roll or rubber fingers are adept at grabbing onto pet hair.
What’s more, there are wide brushes made for mattresses and crevice tools with LED lights.
Regarding the price, there are always some good options in every price range, but the lower price categories can’t offer buyers all attractive and great features. With something used in the long term as a vacuum cleaner, purchasing a durable and high-quality one is a good expenditure as it will last for many years. This is the reason why you should not skimp when buying one.
You are well-advised to choose an upright vacuum that is convenient and has all the right features because only then will you be able to enjoy vacuuming and actually use the product you’ve spent money on.
The warranty is an important aspect to be considered when buying an upright vacuum cleaner. It is advisable to choose a cleaner with a long time warranty.
These are some important facts before purchasing an upright vacuum cleaner for pet hair. Following these guidelines properly will ensure you a higher chance to get the best item.
Top 6 Best Upright Vacuums for Pet Hair Reviews
|Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) Upright Vacuum|
|Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner|
|Eureka NEU202 PowerSpeed Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum|
|Shark Navigator DLX NV70 Upright Vacuum|
|BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum|
|Oreck Commercial XL Commercial Upright Vacuum XL2100RHS|
Below are the detailed reviews1
Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752) Upright Vacuum
If you prefer a capable and powerful upright and a little extra bulk isn’t a big deal, then the classic Shark Upright Rotator Truepet might catch your eyes with its fine style. This is one of the best upright vacuums for pet hair as it’s equipped with many right features.
As the first impression brought to you from the name, you can see off all hair and dander of your pet to leave your carpets and wooden floors spotless with this vacuum. It is greatly attributed to a motorized brush and combination pet tool.
The Rotator operates well on both carpeted or hard floors so it is considered a great ally in homes that are furnished with mixed flooring.
Filtration is of the first-class standard with whole-machine HEPA including Shark’s proprietary Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. No matter how allergic you are, this vacuum can make sure that the atmosphere in your house pollutant-free and qualified enough for your health.
- The upright vacuum has a stylish and sleek design with a fashionable look and a smooth attractive shape
- There is an LED light to help you see better so you now can clean your house in dimly-lit places
- The head is rotatable to reach out easily and effortlessly, making cleaning convenient and faster
- There is a bare floor surface cleaning mode as well, besides carpeted floor surface cleaning mode
- Various carpet height settings, easily meet your needs
- The filtration system is anti-allergen, mold and HEPA to reduce bacteria and allergens in your house and keep a clean atmosphere
- The vacuum detaches from the canister to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning
- It doesn’t have a self-cleaning brushroll so you have to spend more time cleaning by yourself
- Its weight is more considerable than many other vacuums, making the movement harder
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson Ball Animal 2 is among the best upright vacuums for pet hair. Out of all Dyson cleaners, the Animal 2 would be our pick for an upright pet hair vacuum due to its excellent performance, tangle-free turbine tool, and battle-tested design.
The Ball Animal 2 provides greater mobility thanks to Dyson’s popular “Ball” technology and makes it easier to clean awkward locations with an articulated handle. Also, its effective filtration system has been certified by Allergy Standards Limited.
The most outstanding feature of the Ball Animal 2 is its capability of removing pet hair. With powerful suction and Epicyclic floor head, it even can get rid of matted hair. There’s also a carbon fiber turbine head and tangle-free turbine tool for stairs, cars, and upholstery.
In addition, the Ball Animal 2 is a bagless model. While it’s easy to be emptied with the push-button design, you had better dump the trash outside if you have allergies.
- The suction power is among the strongest of any vacuums. It can be even more powerful for tough tasks
- Dust bin capacity is large
- Its cleaner head is big with a wide cleaning path so it may speed up your cleaning
- The vacuum is effective at pulling up pet hair or dander with features and tools that dig out the toughest one
- It is equally efficient in cleaning both hard floors and carpet
- Whole machine HEPA filtration ensures that allergens and bacteria are captured and trapped
- Emptying its dust canister is hygienical and quick with the push of a button
- Its price is a little bit higher than average
Eureka NEU202 PowerSpeed Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum
Eureka NEU202 can be the best upright vacuum for pet hair in terms of noise reduction on the market. That is to say, it is a quiet yet powerful bagless vacuum. It can clean any type of soil in one pass for a perfect result without making annoying loud noises.
With the power of 2100 Watts, this model guarantees a surprising cleaning speed while the energy consumption is limited to around 27 KWh/year for daily use of the device.
Despite its strong power and impressive performance, the device only emits sound at a low level – 68 dB. Now you’re no longer in fear of disturbing your neighbors, even when you use the device at night.
The fact that filtration is done by three levels of filters ensures the best hygienic condition for the living environment. Also, accompanied by a multi-cyclone technology, the machine performs like a storm to suck everything in its path, ranging from the finest particles to matted pet hair.
Besides, this compact lightweight model is very handy, ensuring a better grip to make you feel comfortable during each cleaning.
- It has very good suction power for making hardwood floors, tiles, carpets and area rugs free from pet hair, debris, and dirt
- The cleaner is compact and lightweight (only 12.3 pounds and 25-foot cord), which helps your cleaning easier and quicker.
- This model consumes less power than most other cleaners
- It has a 12.6-inch wide cleaning path
- With a 2.1-liter washable dirt cup, this bagless vacuum cleaner requires less frequent emptying
- It has 10’ extended reach for hard-to-reach places
- The cleaner may require regular maintenance
Shark Navigator DLX NV70 Upright Vacuum is known as the best upright vacuum for pet hair with the lowest cost from Shark – a renowned and respected brand. It is an ideal option for those with a tight budget but still in love with great features from Shark vacuum.
People may cast doubt on the quality of a vacuum that does not cost as much as others. However, Shark Navigator does a better job than expected at that price range. The first thing to mention is the large capacity dirt cup of this powerful vacuum so that users don’t have to empty the cup every so often. Also, its flexible and versatile floor selector is excellent at distinguishing between different surfaces.
All in all, this Shark vacuum is greatly complimented for effectiveness and ease of use and most importantly its affordable price. At that price range, it is extraordinary to deliver so many features. The only drawback is about its weight and slight bulkiness, which may deter you from carrying it around your house.
- It is a real bargain as its price is good compared to other models
- The model has Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter that traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- The dust cup is extra large and can be easily emptied, providing extended cleaning without interruption.
- This cleaner is portable and versatile
- It operates durably and quietly
- This vacuum can be quiet heavy
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum
What we have here is an upright vacuum from BISSELL – a family-owned brand with a long-lasting tradition. This is a bagless electric vacuum that comes with a detachable canister. The canister is in charge of holding all the debris and trash sucked by the device.
BISSELL CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet is among the best pet hair vacuums considering its cyclonic suction system and Triple Action brush. The cyclonic suction system separates the large debris from the smaller one so that the machine will not get clogged up. As for Triple Action brush, it has a cleaning path of 15” and can collect a large volume of debris in one sweep.
On top of that, the BISSELL CleanView features a swivel steering design. It is intended to enhance maneuverability and make cleaning less of a chore. Therefore, edge-to-edge cleaning is really attractive to many house owners and pet owners.
BISSELL CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet is equipped with a retractable cord and a set of specialized tools. This set consists of a Turbo Pet Tool which comes with a motorized mini brush, a crevice tool, and an extension wand.
- It has a strong suction system
- With swivel steering, this vacuum gives easy maneuverability to clean around furniture and obstacles
- Its multi-cyclonic suction system prevents pet hair from clogging the vacuum
- The two pre-motor filters are washable
- Scatter-free technology maximizes pet hair removal
- It has a variety of attachments
- There are a 27-foot cord and automatic cord retractor
- It does not have a HEPA filter
Oreck Commercial XL Commercial Upright Vacuum XL2100RHS
This Oreck vacuum is the best upright vacuum for pet hair recommended for seniors thanks to its light weight and ergonomic design. It weighs about 8 pounds, much lighter than most vacuums on the market. Thus, there is hardly any difficulty in carrying them, even with the elderly.
Its ergonomic design is demonstrated through the innovative Helping Hand handle and the convenient on/off switch location. In recognition of all these significant features, the Arthritis Foundation gives this product an Ease-of-Use Commendation. Though it is listed as a commercial vacuum with light weight, you still can expect a powerful performance from this model. The strong motor with dual helix brushes rotating at 6,500 RPM never causes disappointment. As well, automatic height adjustment simplifies the transition from carpets to hard floors. You also have no worry about cleaning the edges of the room as it is easily done by the edge-cleaning brushes.
The Oreck Commercial XL is a bagged vacuum so you will need to buy new bags and change them occasionally. But no matter how old you are, you can change bags without any arduousness.
- The cleaner is lightweight
- Its suction is very powerful.
- The power cord is extra-long to reach more locations
- It has the biggest canister collection capacity
- It is easy to change vacuum bags
- This cleaner is for multi-floor cleaning because it can be used on many surfaces
- The long cord may be cumbersome and hard to store
A vacuum cleaner is one of the most essential home appliances you can have for sanitizing your home. It handles the most difficult cleaning tasks then helps house owners save their time and energy. As this article shows you some of the best upright vacuums for pet hair and their reviews, please take it into careful consideration so you can choose the most suitable one for your family.
Thank you and happy buying. Don’t forget to share and leave a comment for us